APAC has organized since 1980 to create a movement of powerful resident leaders who advance their vision for justice in manufactured home parks. APAC works with homeowners to identify community issues, unite neighbors around a common vision, and develop powerful leaders who can influence decision makers, set the agenda, and win real changes for their community.
Recently, homeowners have organized with APAC to:
- Improve the safety of their park
- Pass city ordinances that guarantee compensation during park closings
- Stop a highway expansion that would have destroyed their community
- Elect their leaders to city council
- Challenge a rent increase
To find out more about community organizing refer to APAC's Organizing Manual, click on the links below, or call and talk with one of our staff organizers.